Holochess Prop Replica Two-Creature Sets
$799.00 – $1,199.00
We’re sorry, this edition has sold out – Please JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER to be the first to hear about our future new replicas, maquettes, life size characters and busts. Also be sure to CHECK OUT OUR OTHER STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES CREATIONS.
Developed concurrently with our sold-out Deluxe Signature Edition Holochess Prop Replicas 10-piece Set, these numbered-edition two-creature sets offer collectors an additional way to bring some of those incredible replicas home.
Collectors can use the drop down menu to order the following four two-creature sets:
- Set 1 – The Body Slam – Mantellian Savrip™ & Kintan Strider™
- Set 2 – Molator™ & Houjix™
- Set 3 – K’lor’slug™ & Ng’ok™
- Set 4 – Ghhhk™ & Monnok™
These limited edition sets include meticulously developed prop replicas of the original stop-motion puppets used in filming the Dejarik™ sequences in the Star Wars™ Saga. Each static resin replica holochess creature is hand-painted and 1:1 scale to the props, with lineage to those original puppets!
Our replicas were prototyped using the digital files that Phil Tippett’s team created in 2015, when they used 3D scanning and photogrammetry of original props used in Star Wars: A New Hope™ to accurately recreate the wildly imaginative creatures he and Jon Berg hand-sculpted in 1977.
Using these files, along with reference provided by Lucasfilm and never-before-seen photos which Phil had saved from 1977, our artists created incredibly detailed replicas, taking great care to maintain the integrity and lineage of each. We will craft every piece in this edition in the U.S.A..
Read more about the creation of these replicas in the “character story” below!
- Limited edition sets were only available to order until June 18, 2021.
- Static resin replicas, 1:1 to the original prop puppets
- Developed with Lucasfilm 3D files and first-hand examination of original prop puppets
- Each set includes a hand-numbered metal plaque
- All figures other than the Body Slam set are free standing
- Each set includes detached black museum-style bases, Body Slam set includes a bonus clear acrylic base as well a black base
- Made in the U.S.A. and hand painted by our talented artists, making each a unique work of art
- Includes Lucasfilm Certificate of Authenticity
- Sets will be allocated based on the order checkout is completed. NOTE – we can not accommodate requested numbers or matched sets.
- For these items, we offeried a special extended payment plan in 8 monthly installments. See here for full payment plan details
- All direct customer orders for sets 1,2 and 4 have shipped. Set 3 customer orders are expected to ship in May/June 2022
Continental US shipping is $29 per set. Order more than one set at the same time for discounted shipping! Additional shipping fees may be due after checkout when shipping to AK, HI, Military bases outside of the continental US, Puerto Rico or Guam. Please feel free to contact us before ordering for a shipping estimate.
Update – Spring 2022: Final edition sizes for each of these sets were as follows:
- Set 1 – The Body Slam – Mantellian Savrip™ & Kintan Strider™ – 139 sets
- Set 2 – Molator™ & Houjix™ – 57 sets
- Set 3 – K’lor’slug™ & Ng’ok™ – 61 sets
- Set 4 – Ghhhk™ & Monnok™ – 55 sets
“These incredible two-packs began several years ago, when I was at Tippett Studios working on a restoration project. At the time, Phil’s team was preparing the holochess puppets for their stop motion work on Solo: A Star Wars Story™. As a kid, I was pretty obsessed with stop motion after seeing the making of Star Wars:The Empire Strikes™ back and how the tauntauns were brought to life.
I’d always been fascinated by the chess creatures, but seeing these incredibly accurate modern interpretations in person and feeling the heft and scale of the puppets… it was really something special. I asked about recreating those awesome creatures for our fans via Regal Robot and I was over the moon when Phil graciously agreed to share the digital work his team did for the modern era Star Wars films.
That digital art was just the first step in an massively detail-oriented process where we took these files, prepped for molding as silicone filming puppets, and converted each to faithfully posed and detailed recreations of each creature, ready for a very low-run production in resin. Tony Cipriano and Gordon Tarpley did our 3D modeling work, taking extreme care to preserve the lineage in each scan or sculpt. Our team of FX artists in New York output these pieces in high resolution resin, and crafted mold masters from those. I personally paint mastered each replica and our team will reproduce that paint, by hand, for each piece in the edition.
It’s been 9 months since we started on this project. The team have worked tirelessly and I am so excited that fans can finally see what we’ve been working on!”
– Tom Spina (Regal Robot founder)
We look forward to sharing our latest art and characters with you, so be sure to sign up for newsletter updates below and follow @RegalRobot on social media to keep up with all of the amazing creations we have in the works. Thanks for stopping by, and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out to us!
Approximate Product Measurements:
Heights vary by figure. Tallest and shortest characters for reference:
Body Slam – 13.75″ (on the .75″ tall wood base)
Houjix – 4.25″ (on the .75″ tall wood base)
Approximate Product Weight: TBD
Materials – Resin, wood, acrylic, neoprene and an aluminum plaque.
Shipping Box Approximate Measurements:
(size may vary slightly)
We are only permitted to ship Star Wars products to addresses within the USA, US Military bases, Puerto Rico and Guam.
Made in the USA
Each sold separately, accessories shown in lifestyle images must be purchased separately.
Not a toy, not intended for children.
Each statue is hand painted and may have hair applied by hand. Expect some natural variation from piece to piece.